IMVU Mafias Staff 288 posts

Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:04 am
Legendary Family Member
At the moment I am working on the image byte matrix alone. As soon as I have working beta code, I will post it.

That's great :D
what about other projects? is there anything I can start working on ?

cheers
OP Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:13 am
Mafia Don
Legendary Family Member
  • Advertisements: 406
Elie wrote:
At the moment I am working on the image byte matrix alone. As soon as I have working beta code, I will post it.

That's great :D
what about other projects? is there anything I can start working on ?

cheers

DM is working on all of the others. I tend to stick to 1 programming project at a time.

At the moment, my image manipulator works with RAW images, but I want it to work with jpegs before I release it ... since no one uses RAWs.

We could actually use a little help on the top secret stuff. Do you have a skype account or a messenger?
Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:56 am
Administrator
Legendary Family Member
  • Advertisements: 45
I am mostly doing all the catalog scraping at the moment I believe. I have a few projects I am working on with regard to it. Most of them are related to generating clickable icons quickly and easily to be posted off site and in our product advertisement section.

These are my current work in progress projects:

IMVU_hap_clickable_link_code_gen
    Takes a list of pid/urls as input and outputs a clickable product icon in html/bbcode for each pid/url and allows code conversion between the two. Sounds simple but I put a lot of extra effort into my programs to make them convenient such as allowing multiple input formats, drag and drop support as well as much logic as I can to prevent the user from crashing or giving the program bad input.

IMVU Product Advertisement Code Generator
    Same thing as the program above except instead in giving pid/url lists as input, it's a custom web browser that allows you to browse the catalog and generate the code as you do. Also sounds simple but again, lots of effort into making it convenient getting tabbed browsing working, making sure all product link click opening up inside the program and the same logic as noted above to keep the program from crashing/receiving bad input. I also had to learn a lot about using some controls I hadn't really worked with before in any previous project.

IMVU Div Code Generator
    The idea was to allow me to generate as much of the tedious code that comes associated with coding layouts since i have been making some and people have started requesting me to code them. At the moment it allows you to select how many divs you want and it will generate the css and html for each one and output it to an html file.

For example, if you select 2 divs it will generate this:

Code
    <style type="text/css">
       #container {

}
       #bx1 {

}
       #bx2 {

}
    </style>
    <div id="container">
       <div id="1">

</div>
       <div id="2">

</div>
    </div>

At the moment that's all it does. I added support for generating multiple files so it never overwrites another if I sit there using it repeatedly. I started it a week ago and just haven't spent any time on it. In the future I want to allow the user to name each div. My idea is to programmatically create the same amount of textboxes as the amount of divs the user selects. But since I allow the user to select up to 100 divs, I haven't yet figured out a way to support that many controls on a form in a neat organized manner nor do I know how I'd go about selecting the text from each different control on each iteration of the code loop. But eventually I'll sit down and put more time into and learn. Other than that, I have no idea what else I want to do with it.

IMVU Mesh Recoverer
    The idea behind this is to make our own version of the xmfrecoverer that we can update and fix since there are some files it just crashes on. However, I pretty much know nothing about reading binary and manipulating it nor creating a 3d viewer so this project is progressing at a very slow rate and I don't work on it very much.

IMVUQueryGen
    This tool will allow you to create IMVU related Google queries quickly and easily. I plan to support things like searching for specific products, people, terms etc.. Sounds pointless when you can type it into Google manually but I am going to allow it to add filters to everything too. Say you want to search for a specific term but only want it to return people who have that in their interests. So it will ignore the forums, ignore the shop and non imvu websites etc.. A query like that can end up looking like this: site:avatars.imvu.com "term" -"viewtopic.php" -"imvu.com/shop/products.php". That's just a basic example. But I want to be able to generate that and larger ones with the click of a button and be able to do it hundreds of times a day when I want to search for many things.

This is just what I've started in the last 2 weeks.

These projects are completed but being updated to support new things or fix bugs:

tumblr downloader
    Searches a tumblr account for images matching tumblr's high resolution paremeter and downloads them, saving to a history file so in the future you can re check an account and only download new stuff

cache converter
    Converts your IMVU cache into textures. At the moment it is very basic and just renames everything to jpg. This works for a lot of the files but in the future I would like to add the ability to discover what type of file the cache file is and rename is accordingly. Unfortunately I have yet to discover a reliable way to do this. I was thinking by reading hex values or maybe binary.

cache2pid
    Converts your http cache into pids/shop urls. I made this when a friend on imvu wanted a link to a GA pose in a public room but the products in scene page would redirect me to my imvu page. I figured that since I loaded the room I would already have the product in my cache, hence this program was born. Then all you have to do is visit each link till you find the product you were looking for. Not ideal but it works.

I have tons more projects I've finished/abandoned/aren't IMVU related or are reserved for staff.
Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:34 am
Legendary Family Member
Don Von Free Credits wrote:
We could actually use a little help on the top secret stuff. Do you have a skype account or a messenger?

that would be great, I will find you on skype.
Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:37 pm
I would like to sign myself for Global Mob Officers.
OP Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:46 pm
Mafia Don
Legendary Family Member
  • Advertisements: 406
dESKYYY wrote:
I would like to sign myself for Global Mob Officers.

That position is only open to people wounded in war fighting for the family.

-- 05 Mar 2016 08:46 am --

Updated opening post.
Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:39 am
yo i want to purchase some products but you aint replyed back i dont understand
Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:14 pm
Administrator
Legendary Family Member
  • Advertisements: 45
@i need new stuff
It was early in the morning for me, I was a sleep. If you want to purchase something, go to the market add it to your cart and check out. That will send a message to the sellers letting them know you want to buy something.