Download Imvu Clients v370 to v531.6 [Win & Mac] 57 posts

Poll

Where do you prefer to download clients?

From Here 88%
88%
From Imvu 12%
12%
OP Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:54 am
Administrator
Legendary Family Member
  • Advertisements: 45
I uploaded all the different versions of the client for everyone. I will put up more when I get them. For those of you who use a Mac, I have started uploading the Mac versions as well.

The repository currently contains clients v370 to v531.6

Download IMVU Clients for Windows Here (Adf.ly Supported)

Download IMVU Clients for Mac Here (Adf.ly Supported)

Note: It takes time and effort to keep these lists updated and organized, so the links are behind an adf.ly link. If you have any issues with Adf.ly, just refresh the page or click back till it works. Also disable your ad blocker and script blocker while you open the links. Thank you for helping support us.
Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:13 pm
Hopefully one of these will work better on my oldass laptop. (Feel free to laugh, it only has 512 MB of RAM and runs a P3. The ATI Rage GPU has a whole 64MB of V-Mem! Hot stuff, right?) If I do this, and the .xml patch still works, I'll let you know as soon as I'm certain! BTW, DM, MUCH love for this!

-- Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:17 pm --

OH! And just a heads up, IMVU client v403 and older is no longer supported by IMVU's servers.
OP Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:19 pm
Administrator
Legendary Family Member
bakufu_dog wrote:
BTW, DM, MUCH love for this!

You're welcome.

bakufu_dog wrote:
OH! And just a heads up, IMVU client v403 and older is no longer supported by IMVU's servers.

There are other uses for older versions ;)
Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:20 pm
Just an afterthought: I know this works tremendously well with YIM. If I delete the updater .exe from the program files, will it stop nagging me to update?
OP Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:34 pm
Administrator
Legendary Family Member
bakufu_dog wrote:
Just an afterthought: I know this works tremendously well with YIM. If I delete the updater .exe from the program files, will it stop nagging me to update?

I am not sure, you should install an older client ,try it and let us know. I doubt it would be that simple but you never know.
Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:48 am
So far, 403-417 won't load my room, just my buddy list. So I moved on up... Tried 448, but I couldn't find the IMVUClient folder, even after a search of my drive. I couldn't find the .xml, either... But it ran great! I had all my furniture in my room. 449 is working good. I STILL can't find the IMVUClient, or even my application data folder. It should be right under my admin account name in documents and settings. But it ain't there, or in all users, or under guest. I'm stumped.

An interesting sidenote, I still have the latest version installed on my computer, it seems. I guess because you changed the file name, I'm able to have 2 versions installed. Pretty neat. Convenient, too!
Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:50 am
Mafia Don
Legendary Family Member
  • Advertisements: 406
Are you looking in your appdata folder?
Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:11 am
That's just it, I can't find the Application Data folder.
Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:07 am
Mafia Don
Legendary Family Member
  • Advertisements: 406
bakufu_dog wrote:
That's just it, I can't find the Application Data folder.

Do you have hidden folders set to visible in your folder options?
Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:21 am
OMG! Don! I am such a stupid blonde! Thank you!

-- Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:40 pm --

Okay, so here's the verdict. I tested 449.0. It's stable, furniture loads, no major bugs that I see. I didn't test create mode as of yet... The .xml patch does, indeed work. Deleting the updater .exe just triggers IMVU to display a corrupt install dialogue box, and it still asks you to update. Boo. So that idea didn't work, and made 2 boxes for me to click "no" on. But the important thing, for me at least, is the .xml crack still works on this one. Now as soon as I can get another nakey suit, I'll be a happy kitty.