About Autoit

DataMine
by DataMine · 8 posts
12 years ago in Autoit
Posted 12 years ago · Author
AboutMe Page wrote:
AutoIt v3 is a freeware BASIC-like scripting language designed for automating the Windows GUI and general scripting. It uses a combination of simulated keystrokes, mouse movement and window/control manipulation in order to automate tasks in a way not possible or reliable with other languages (e.g. VBScript and SendKeys). AutoIt is also very small, self-contained and will run on all versions of Windows out-of-the-box with no annoying “runtimes” required!

Main Website: http://www.autoitscript.com/site/
AboutMe Page: http://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/
Downloads Page: http://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/downloads/
Koda Gui Designer: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/32299-gui-designer-koda-1730/
Posted 11 years ago · Author
BloodLustD wrote:
This sounds very interesting.

If you spend a lot of time on a Windows machine or have large tasks that you perform often, it's very interesting. Can save you a lot of time when you write a script to automate something.

For instance, I wrote a script for logging into IMVU. Click the script, it will open IMVU for you and type in your Avi name and pass. Now, that's nothing huge but it is a lot quicker then doing it manually and if you're like me and do tests on the client and need to log off and on a lot, it is very convenient. You can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=113&t=8130

Also wrote another that automates the picture taking process in the client so you don't have to type in the commands each time to take a new picture. But to beaf it up a bit, I added a timer ability so you can sit there and have it auto take pictures for you at a user defined interval. You can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=113&t=8138
Posted 11 years ago
I spent allot of time on a Windows Machine, try around 23 hours a day.
Posted 10 years ago
D.M wrote:
BloodLustD wrote:

If you spend a lot of time on a Windows machine or have large tasks that you perform often, it's very interesting. Can save you a lot of time when you write a script to automate something.

For instance, I wrote a script for logging into IMVU. Click the script, it will open IMVU for you and type in your Avi name and pass. Now, that's nothing huge but it is a lot quicker then doing it manually and if you're like me and do tests on the client and need to log off and on a lot, it is very convenient. You can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=113&t=8130

Also wrote another that automates the picture taking process in the client so you don't have to type in the commands each time to take a new picture. But to beaf it up a bit, I added a timer ability so you can sit there and have it auto take pictures for you at a user defined interval. You can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=113&t=8138

WOW pretty cool. Deff could save some time. i could also imagine what other things could this be useful for. and the last thing about the picture taking process. are u refering to (*hiresnobg)
Posted 10 years ago · Author
Bulldog wrote:
D.M wrote:
BloodLustD wrote:

WOW pretty cool. Deff could save some time. i could also imagine what other things could this be useful for. and the last thing about the picture taking process. are u refering to (*hiresnobg)

Yeah, it's a script that automates those commands, making it simple and easy to take a quick pic and adds auto typing for mass picture taking.
Posted 10 years ago
wow I have so much to learn here