will vu pull the plug on classic client?

sadecatgirl
by sadecatgirl · 146 posts
2 years ago in IMVU News
Posted 2 years ago
Don Von Alpha Dom wrote:
For me the beta client just lags horribly and is difficult to control ... I can't imagine how badly it must run for other people who are not running a gaming PC.

@Don Von Alpha Dom

Unfortunately I can't say anything about the lag since my PC is good, and the control even though it seems intimidating at first since its different from classic, I "Kinda" got the handle of it after a few tries. For me the worst about functionality in the beta is the fact that you can't see the products name when your in a room if you want to change it, you just have those horrible photos that there are many of them which is impossible to know (Just shows the white dummy)

I think the only "Good" thing I see about this beta client is the fact that the client isn't locked at 30 frames, "Good" because frame rate isn't really that important in a game like this.
Posted 2 years ago · Author
Garrett wrote:
sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote:@sadecatgirlUnfortunately I doubt it. That whole post intention is so that people can vent out their beautiful new VIP tiers. Even though the moderators are saying that they want suggestions so they can send that to the team, I feel this is going to be more of the "We're listening to feedback" meme other than actually considering the suggestions made.Either way, I'm already starting SL So I can get used to it before they end classic so I don't have problem with the transition.-- Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:49 pm --@blueDayAlso forgot to comment about this, but you made a really good point. by "retiring", are they talking about the support updates or actually end the client access?I guess only with time we will figure this out.
@Garretthopefully once the new client gets all fixed and has stuff that classic has (like shop together) i'll give it a try...even though i've read that the new client uses more storage and stuff compared to classic o-o not sure if it's cuz they built it from the ground up or not...but for now let's enjoy the time left we have with classic client.
@sadecatgirl
Yeah it's all from the ground up compared to classic.
It's like I said in a previous post, I wouldn't mind to give a try to get used to the new desktop version, but the downgrade of graphics (I don't know if you had a chance to see it, but the Avatars are much "cartoony" in the desktop version) + products being bugged (Including appearence one's) really destroys any interest of migrating there.

@Garrett

i've only seen how the avi's look on mobile so i just figured that they looked the same on the new client. just watched a video on avi comparison and to me i can kinda see why people are saying it's "cartoony" but im actually kinda ok with it....it seems to be just small/subtle changes to me at least. yeah i wouldn't mind giving the new client a chance so that i can get used to it but i rather wait until it's fully finished before doing it.
Posted 2 years ago
sadecatgirl wrote:
Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote:@sadecatgirlUnfortunately I doubt it. That whole post intention is so that people can vent out their beautiful new VIP tiers. Even though the moderators are saying that they want suggestions so they can send that to the team, I feel this is going to be more of the "We're listening to feedback" meme other than actually considering the suggestions made.Either way, I'm already starting SL So I can get used to it before they end classic so I don't have problem with the transition.-- Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:49 pm --@blueDayAlso forgot to comment about this, but you made a really good point. by "retiring", are they talking about the support updates or actually end the client access?I guess only with time we will figure this out.
@Garretthopefully once the new client gets all fixed and has stuff that classic has (like shop together) i'll give it a try...even though i've read that the new client uses more storage and stuff compared to classic o-o not sure if it's cuz they built it from the ground up or not...but for now let's enjoy the time left we have with classic client.
@sadecatgirl
It's like I said in a previous post, I wouldn't mind to give a try to get used to the new desktop version, but the downgrade of graphics (I don't know if you had a chance to see it, but the Avatars are much "cartoony" in the desktop version) + products being bugged (Including appearence one's) really destroys any interest of migrating there.
@Garretti've only seen how the avi's look on mobile so i just figured that they looked the same on the new client. just watched a video on avi comparison and to me i can kinda see why people are saying it's "cartoony" but im actually kinda ok with it....it seems to be just small/subtle changes to me at least. yeah i wouldn't mind giving the new client a chance so that i can get used to it but i rather wait until it's fully finished before doing it.

@sadecatgirl

Yeah, the graphic downgrade isn't something that big, but it's enough to lower my user experience with it (ofc its a subjective opinion). But there are a lot of products that bug/don't look the same in the desktop compared to classic(excluding the graphic downgrade difference) and that thing really "ruins" the av look. But if your lucky, maybe your products won't have that problem. You have to check it when you try the beta.
Garrett wrote:
sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote:@sadecatgirlUnfortunately I doubt it. That whole post intention is so that people can vent out their beautiful new VIP tiers. Even though the moderators are saying that they want suggestions so they can send that to the team, I feel this is going to be more of the "We're listening to feedback" meme other than actually considering the suggestions made.Either way, I'm already starting SL So I can get used to it before they end classic so I don't have problem with the transition.-- Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:49 pm --@blueDayAlso forgot to comment about this, but you made a really good point. by "retiring", are they talking about the support updates or actually end the client access?I guess only with time we will figure this out.
@sadecatgirl
@Garretti've only seen how the avi's look on mobile so i just figured that they looked the same on the new client. just watched a video on avi comparison and to me i can kinda see why people are saying it's "cartoony" but im actually kinda ok with it....it seems to be just small/subtle changes to me at least. yeah i wouldn't mind giving the new client a chance so that i can get used to it but i rather wait until it's fully finished before doing it.
@sadecatgirlYeah, the graphic downgrade isn't something that big, but it's enough to lower my user experience with it (ofc its a subjective opinion). But there are a lot of products that bug/don't look the same in the desktop compared to classic(excluding the graphic downgrade difference) and that thing really "ruins" the av look. But if your lucky, maybe your products won't have that problem. You have to check it when you try the beta.

@Garrett

ah i see okie. hopefully they add shop together (if that's not added in already) and fix all the bugs.
Posted 2 years ago
sadecatgirl wrote:
Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote:@sadecatgirlUnfortunately I doubt it. That whole post intention is so that people can vent out their beautiful new VIP tiers. Even though the moderators are saying that they want suggestions so they can send that to the team, I feel this is going to be more of the "We're listening to feedback" meme other than actually considering the suggestions made.Either way, I'm already starting SL So I can get used to it before they end classic so I don't have problem with the transition.-- Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:49 pm --@blueDayAlso forgot to comment about this, but you made a really good point. by "retiring", are they talking about the support updates or actually end the client access?I guess only with time we will figure this out.
@sadecatgirl
@sadecatgirlYeah, the graphic downgrade isn't something that big, but it's enough to lower my user experience with it (ofc its a subjective opinion). But there are a lot of products that bug/don't look the same in the desktop compared to classic(excluding the graphic downgrade difference) and that thing really "ruins" the av look. But if your lucky, maybe your products won't have that problem. You have to check it when you try the beta.
@Garrettah i see okie. hopefully they add shop together (if that's not added in already) and fix all the bugs.

@sadecatgirl

I doubt they will fix those bugs, since it looks more like the product that it isn't compatible with the beta version instead of a bug within the beta itself. and yeah, don't worry about that, I have no question that they will add all of the features that aren't on beta before they retire the classic one (I think I've heard in the forums that the shop together is the next feature they are working on.
Garrett wrote:
sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote:@sadecatgirlUnfortunately I doubt it. That whole post intention is so that people can vent out their beautiful new VIP tiers. Even though the moderators are saying that they want suggestions so they can send that to the team, I feel this is going to be more of the "We're listening to feedback" meme other than actually considering the suggestions made.Either way, I'm already starting SL So I can get used to it before they end classic so I don't have problem with the transition.-- Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:49 pm --@blueDayAlso forgot to comment about this, but you made a really good point. by "retiring", are they talking about the support updates or actually end the client access?I guess only with time we will figure this out.
@sadecatgirl
@Garrettah i see okie. hopefully they add shop together (if that's not added in already) and fix all the bugs.
@sadecatgirlI doubt they will fix those bugs, since it looks more like the product that it isn't compatible with the beta version instead of a bug within the beta itself. and yeah, don't worry about that, I have no question that they will add all of the features that aren't on beta before they retire the classic one (I think I've heard in the forums that the shop together is the next feature they are working on.

@Garrett

ah i see. i just did a survey on classic client and next/beta client but i doubt they'll keep classic up for longer since one of the questions was something about taking away classic client cuz of windows compatible system thingys...
Posted 2 years ago
sadecatgirl wrote:
Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote:@sadecatgirlUnfortunately I doubt it. That whole post intention is so that people can vent out their beautiful new VIP tiers. Even though the moderators are saying that they want suggestions so they can send that to the team, I feel this is going to be more of the "We're listening to feedback" meme other than actually considering the suggestions made.Either way, I'm already starting SL So I can get used to it before they end classic so I don't have problem with the transition.-- Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:49 pm --@blueDayAlso forgot to comment about this, but you made a really good point. by "retiring", are they talking about the support updates or actually end the client access?I guess only with time we will figure this out.
@sadecatgirl
@sadecatgirlI doubt they will fix those bugs, since it looks more like the product that it isn't compatible with the beta version instead of a bug within the beta itself. and yeah, don't worry about that, I have no question that they will add all of the features that aren't on beta before they retire the classic one (I think I've heard in the forums that the shop together is the next feature they are working on.
@Garrettah i see. i just did a survey on classic client and next/beta client but i doubt they'll keep classic up for longer since one of the questions was something about taking away classic client cuz of windows compatible system thingys...

@sadecatgirl

I got to say I'm surprised that they did that question on the survey. That survey was recent?
Garrett wrote:
sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote:@sadecatgirlUnfortunately I doubt it. That whole post intention is so that people can vent out their beautiful new VIP tiers. Even though the moderators are saying that they want suggestions so they can send that to the team, I feel this is going to be more of the "We're listening to feedback" meme other than actually considering the suggestions made.Either way, I'm already starting SL So I can get used to it before they end classic so I don't have problem with the transition.-- Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:49 pm --@blueDayAlso forgot to comment about this, but you made a really good point. by "retiring", are they talking about the support updates or actually end the client access?I guess only with time we will figure this out.
@sadecatgirl
@Garrettah i see. i just did a survey on classic client and next/beta client but i doubt they'll keep classic up for longer since one of the questions was something about taking away classic client cuz of windows compatible system thingys...
@sadecatgirl
I got to say I'm surprised that they did that question on the survey. That survey was recent?

@Garrett

i think so? i got this today in my dm's

"IMVU inc.
Your Feedback about IMVU

Share your thoughts about IMVU Classic Client and Desktop Beta by taking this short survey. Thank you!

Take Survey »"
Posted 2 years ago
sadecatgirl wrote:
Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote:@sadecatgirlUnfortunately I doubt it. That whole post intention is so that people can vent out their beautiful new VIP tiers. Even though the moderators are saying that they want suggestions so they can send that to the team, I feel this is going to be more of the "We're listening to feedback" meme other than actually considering the suggestions made.Either way, I'm already starting SL So I can get used to it before they end classic so I don't have problem with the transition.-- Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:49 pm --@blueDayAlso forgot to comment about this, but you made a really good point. by "retiring", are they talking about the support updates or actually end the client access?I guess only with time we will figure this out.
@sadecatgirl
@sadecatgirl
@Garretti think so? i got this today in my dm's"IMVU inc.
Your Feedback about IMVUShare your thoughts about IMVU Classic Client and Desktop Beta by taking this short survey. Thank you!Take Survey »"

@sadecatgirl

I didn't received that message, however if that is the case then it's good news to hear about it, since how it was said before in the topic, Windows 11 supports 32 bit applications.

I wouldn't mind if they stop giving support on the client (Actually they stop giving support to it a long time ago). I just want to have the choice of using it.

[UPDATE]

Just received the message now. apparently I had to login in the classic client to receive the survey. Really happy to see they are aware of this problem. It gives me a bit of hope that they atleast just give the option even though they don't make more updates to it.
Garrett wrote:
sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote:@sadecatgirlUnfortunately I doubt it. That whole post intention is so that people can vent out their beautiful new VIP tiers. Even though the moderators are saying that they want suggestions so they can send that to the team, I feel this is going to be more of the "We're listening to feedback" meme other than actually considering the suggestions made.Either way, I'm already starting SL So I can get used to it before they end classic so I don't have problem with the transition.-- Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:49 pm --@blueDayAlso forgot to comment about this, but you made a really good point. by "retiring", are they talking about the support updates or actually end the client access?I guess only with time we will figure this out.
@sadecatgirl
@sadecatgirl
@Garretti think so? i got this today in my dm's"IMVU inc.
Your Feedback about IMVUShare your thoughts about IMVU Classic Client and Desktop Beta by taking this short survey. Thank you!Take Survey »"
@sadecatgirlI didn't received that message, however if that is the case then it's good news to hear about it, since how it was said before in the topic, Windows 11 supports 32 bit applications.I wouldn't mind if they stop giving support on the client (Actually they stop giving support to it a long time ago). I just want to have the choice of using it.[UPDATE]Just received the message now. apparently I had to login in the classic client to receive the survey. Really happy to see they are aware of this problem. It gives me a bit of hope that they atleast just give the option even though they don't make more updates to it.

@Garrett

i hope we can still use classic client even if they stop updating it

-- Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:41 pm --

just checked the comments in the discussion....

"ShannonMac (IMVU Senior Community Manager) 2 hours ago
@SheBvdNews​ - There are no plans from IMVU to retire the Classic Client. We want it to last as long as possible as we did build it many years ago. The problem is that tech is modernizing and the concern is that there may come a time when something out of our control negatively impacts the experience on the Classic Client."

now it's confusing people cuz moderator DarkAngel5 said a year or two. smh...never a straight answer