will vu pull the plug on classic client?

sadecatgirl
by sadecatgirl · 146 posts
2 years ago in IMVU News
Posted 2 years ago
sadecatgirl wrote:
Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote:@sadecatgirlUnfortunately I doubt it. That whole post intention is so that people can vent out their beautiful new VIP tiers. Even though the moderators are saying that they want suggestions so they can send that to the team, I feel this is going to be more of the "We're listening to feedback" meme other than actually considering the suggestions made.Either way, I'm already starting SL So I can get used to it before they end classic so I don't have problem with the transition.-- Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:49 pm --@blueDayAlso forgot to comment about this, but you made a really good point. by "retiring", are they talking about the support updates or actually end the client access?I guess only with time we will figure this out.
@Garretthopefully once the new client gets all fixed and has stuff that classic has (like shop together) i'll give it a try...even though i've read that the new client uses more storage and stuff compared to classic o-o not sure if it's cuz they built it from the ground up or not...but for now let's enjoy the time left we have with classic client.
@sadecatgirl
Yeah it's all from the ground up compared to classic.
It's like I said in a previous post, I wouldn't mind to give a try to get used to the new desktop version, but the downgrade of graphics (I don't know if you had a chance to see it, but the Avatars are much "cartoony" in the desktop version) + products being bugged (Including appearence one's) really destroys any interest of migrating there.
@Garretti've only seen how the avi's look on mobile so i just figured that they looked the same on the new client. just watched a video on avi comparison and to me i can kinda see why people are saying it's "cartoony" but im actually kinda ok with it....it seems to be just small/subtle changes to me at least. yeah i wouldn't mind giving the new client a chance so that i can get used to it but i rather wait until it's fully finished before doing it.
@sadecatgirlYeah, the graphic downgrade isn't something that big, but it's enough to lower my user experience with it (ofc its a subjective opinion). But there are a lot of products that bug/don't look the same in the desktop compared to classic(excluding the graphic downgrade difference) and that thing really "ruins" the av look. But if your lucky, maybe your products won't have that problem. You have to check it when you try the beta.
@Garrettah i see okie. hopefully they add shop together (if that's not added in already) and fix all the bugs.
@sadecatgirlI doubt they will fix those bugs, since it looks more like the product that it isn't compatible with the beta version instead of a bug within the beta itself. and yeah, don't worry about that, I have no question that they will add all of the features that aren't on beta before they retire the classic one (I think I've heard in the forums that the shop together is the next feature they are working on.
@Garrettah i see. i just did a survey on classic client and next/beta client but i doubt they'll keep classic up for longer since one of the questions was something about taking away classic client cuz of windows compatible system thingys...
@sadecatgirl
I got to say I'm surprised that they did that question on the survey. That survey was recent?
@Garretti think so? i got this today in my dm's"IMVU inc.
Your Feedback about IMVUShare your thoughts about IMVU Classic Client and Desktop Beta by taking this short survey. Thank you!Take Survey »"
@sadecatgirlI didn't received that message, however if that is the case then it's good news to hear about it, since how it was said before in the topic, Windows 11 supports 32 bit applications.I wouldn't mind if they stop giving support on the client (Actually they stop giving support to it a long time ago). I just want to have the choice of using it.[UPDATE]Just received the message now. apparently I had to login in the classic client to receive the survey. Really happy to see they are aware of this problem. It gives me a bit of hope that they atleast just give the option even though they don't make more updates to it.
@Garretti hope we can still use classic client even if they stop updating it-- Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:41 pm --just checked the comments in the discussion...."ShannonMac (IMVU Senior Community Manager) 2 hours ago
@SheBvdNews​ - There are no plans from IMVU to retire the Classic Client. We want it to last as long as possible as we did build it many years ago. The problem is that tech is modernizing and the concern is that there may come a time when something out of our control negatively impacts the experience on the Classic Client."now it's confusing people cuz moderator DarkAngel5 said a year or two. smh...never a straight answer

@sadecatgirl

I face palmed so hard when I read this. And it was not just a normal moderator, it was a "LEAD moderator" who said that which makes it worse smh...

But that's good news. Even more since Community Managers are more reliable to trust in terms of this information, since their whole job is to be a bridge between the company and the community.

-- Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:42 pm --

Also took my time to read the rest of the recent comments, and damn... It's the first time I see people so angry with them. They are completely cooking them in the posts, and it's getting worst everyday. the community manager wanted the topic open, but at this point I think getting it close is unavoidable.
Posted 2 years ago
@sadecatgirl

I hope this is not true
Posted 2 years ago · Author
Garrett wrote:
sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote:@sadecatgirlUnfortunately I doubt it. That whole post intention is so that people can vent out their beautiful new VIP tiers. Even though the moderators are saying that they want suggestions so they can send that to the team, I feel this is going to be more of the "We're listening to feedback" meme other than actually considering the suggestions made.Either way, I'm already starting SL So I can get used to it before they end classic so I don't have problem with the transition.-- Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:49 pm --@blueDayAlso forgot to comment about this, but you made a really good point. by "retiring", are they talking about the support updates or actually end the client access?I guess only with time we will figure this out.
@Garretthopefully once the new client gets all fixed and has stuff that classic has (like shop together) i'll give it a try...even though i've read that the new client uses more storage and stuff compared to classic o-o not sure if it's cuz they built it from the ground up or not...but for now let's enjoy the time left we have with classic client.
@sadecatgirl
It's like I said in a previous post, I wouldn't mind to give a try to get used to the new desktop version, but the downgrade of graphics (I don't know if you had a chance to see it, but the Avatars are much "cartoony" in the desktop version) + products being bugged (Including appearence one's) really destroys any interest of migrating there.
@Garretti've only seen how the avi's look on mobile so i just figured that they looked the same on the new client. just watched a video on avi comparison and to me i can kinda see why people are saying it's "cartoony" but im actually kinda ok with it....it seems to be just small/subtle changes to me at least. yeah i wouldn't mind giving the new client a chance so that i can get used to it but i rather wait until it's fully finished before doing it.
@sadecatgirlYeah, the graphic downgrade isn't something that big, but it's enough to lower my user experience with it (ofc its a subjective opinion). But there are a lot of products that bug/don't look the same in the desktop compared to classic(excluding the graphic downgrade difference) and that thing really "ruins" the av look. But if your lucky, maybe your products won't have that problem. You have to check it when you try the beta.
@Garrettah i see okie. hopefully they add shop together (if that's not added in already) and fix all the bugs.
@sadecatgirlI doubt they will fix those bugs, since it looks more like the product that it isn't compatible with the beta version instead of a bug within the beta itself. and yeah, don't worry about that, I have no question that they will add all of the features that aren't on beta before they retire the classic one (I think I've heard in the forums that the shop together is the next feature they are working on.
@Garrettah i see. i just did a survey on classic client and next/beta client but i doubt they'll keep classic up for longer since one of the questions was something about taking away classic client cuz of windows compatible system thingys...
@sadecatgirl
I got to say I'm surprised that they did that question on the survey. That survey was recent?
Your Feedback about IMVUShare your thoughts about IMVU Classic Client and Desktop Beta by taking this short survey. Thank you!Take Survey »"
@sadecatgirlI didn't received that message, however if that is the case then it's good news to hear about it, since how it was said before in the topic, Windows 11 supports 32 bit applications.I wouldn't mind if they stop giving support on the client (Actually they stop giving support to it a long time ago). I just want to have the choice of using it.[UPDATE]Just received the message now. apparently I had to login in the classic client to receive the survey. Really happy to see they are aware of this problem. It gives me a bit of hope that they atleast just give the option even though they don't make more updates to it.
@Garretti hope we can still use classic client even if they stop updating it-- Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:41 pm --just checked the comments in the discussion...."ShannonMac (IMVU Senior Community Manager) 2 hours ago
@SheBvdNews​ - There are no plans from IMVU to retire the Classic Client. We want it to last as long as possible as we did build it many years ago. The problem is that tech is modernizing and the concern is that there may come a time when something out of our control negatively impacts the experience on the Classic Client."now it's confusing people cuz moderator DarkAngel5 said a year or two. smh...never a straight answer
@sadecatgirlI face palmed so hard when I read this. And it was not just a normal moderator, it was a "LEAD moderator" who said that which makes it worse smh...But that's good news. Even more since Community Managers are more reliable to trust in terms of this information, since their whole job is to be a bridge between the company and the community.-- Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:42 pm --Also took my time to read the rest of the recent comments, and damn... It's the first time I see people so angry with them. They are completely cooking them in the posts, and it's getting worst everyday. the community manager wanted the topic open, but at this point I think getting it close is unavoidable.

@Garrett

good to know that community managers are more reliable! i kinda assume that the lead mod would be more trustworthy in that info cuz when i peeked at their profile they've been on vu since pretty much the beginning o-o

a comment i found copied and pasted from another user: @ShannonMac (IMVU Senior Community Manager)​ ...........and @everyone else.........Read above the exact post from DarkAngel5 who is the lead moderator for IMVU..This post is from November 8 and it says specifically in that post that in a year or two Classic Client will be retired for good as well as the Classic website..It also states in that post the following..."IMVU is working on the future, not the past. Asking IMVU to work on the old when the new is the plan will not get us far. Something to think on..asking to save legacy when the client is going away is not the same as ensuring features we love being on desktop or next as an example."
that post is basically telling us that we shouldnt be living in the past so stop trying to save Classic Client and the Classic website because it is going no matter what...It also insinuates that no matter what IMVU is going forward with whatever plan they decide so talking about the so called "old" when "new" is their plan is not going to get us far..It is shoving Desktop right down our throats whether we like it or not....Explain that post please because it seems pretty obvious that we will not be listened to and are probably wasting our time here...Thank you...

here's a few other comments from other users i found: Lyciel666 12 hours ago
Does IMVU want to close the classic client or not? Why do we get different statements from the moderators when it comes to closing the classic client?

What technology is missing from the classic client that the desktop beta client already has in order to keep up with the new technical requirements?
Can't you customize the Classic Client in the same way?
The classic client has everything that customers would not want to do without, but what the desktop client lacks. The graphics from the desktop client are also much worse. Wouldn't it be easier to make the classic client future-proof?

iiSatan 6 hours ago
I talked with a friend of mine. Imvu Classic coding is x64 bit or x32 bit. All programs in Mac that were removed due to Catalina not supporting them were no longer workable. Another program that i use that is a video game updated their games to match Catalina upgrade. IMVU can do the same thing just change the coding and apply it to classic client. The main question is does IMVU have techs who can do this sort of thing? Probably not in this sense they are forcing people to switch to Desktop which by the way lags on my 10 year old laptop and doesn't allow me to login in. Classic client holds a majority of the community since IMVU first began in 2004. Once classic client is removed those people will refuse to use desktop beta. I love classic client its easier to use rather than desktop which is so complicated and very laggy.

basically the new client hogs up a shit ton of space and i dont think people are willing to buy new computers just so they can run imvu smoothly. ugh....the whole comment section is a shitshow!!
Posted 2 years ago
sadecatgirl wrote:
Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote:@sadecatgirlUnfortunately I doubt it. That whole post intention is so that people can vent out their beautiful new VIP tiers. Even though the moderators are saying that they want suggestions so they can send that to the team, I feel this is going to be more of the "We're listening to feedback" meme other than actually considering the suggestions made.Either way, I'm already starting SL So I can get used to it before they end classic so I don't have problem with the transition.-- Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:49 pm --@blueDayAlso forgot to comment about this, but you made a really good point. by "retiring", are they talking about the support updates or actually end the client access?I guess only with time we will figure this out.
@sadecatgirl
@sadecatgirl
@sadecatgirlI face palmed so hard when I read this. And it was not just a normal moderator, it was a "LEAD moderator" who said that which makes it worse smh...But that's good news. Even more since Community Managers are more reliable to trust in terms of this information, since their whole job is to be a bridge between the company and the community.-- Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:42 pm --Also took my time to read the rest of the recent comments, and damn... It's the first time I see people so angry with them. They are completely cooking them in the posts, and it's getting worst everyday. the community manager wanted the topic open, but at this point I think getting it close is unavoidable.
@Garrettgood to know that community managers are more reliable! i kinda assume that the lead mod would be more trustworthy in that info cuz when i peeked at their profile they've been on vu since pretty much the beginning o-oa comment i found copied and pasted from another user: @ShannonMac (IMVU Senior Community Manager)​ ...........and @everyone else.........Read above the exact post from DarkAngel5 who is the lead moderator for IMVU..This post is from November 8 and it says specifically in that post that in a year or two Classic Client will be retired for good as well as the Classic website..It also states in that post the following..."IMVU is working on the future, not the past. Asking IMVU to work on the old when the new is the plan will not get us far. Something to think on..asking to save legacy when the client is going away is not the same as ensuring features we love being on desktop or next as an example."
that post is basically telling us that we shouldnt be living in the past so stop trying to save Classic Client and the Classic website because it is going no matter what...It also insinuates that no matter what IMVU is going forward with whatever plan they decide so talking about the so called "old" when "new" is their plan is not going to get us far..It is shoving Desktop right down our throats whether we like it or not....Explain that post please because it seems pretty obvious that we will not be listened to and are probably wasting our time here...Thank you...here's a few other comments from other users i found: Lyciel666 12 hours ago
Does IMVU want to close the classic client or not? Why do we get different statements from the moderators when it comes to closing the classic client?What technology is missing from the classic client that the desktop beta client already has in order to keep up with the new technical requirements?
The classic client has everything that customers would not want to do without, but what the desktop client lacks. The graphics from the desktop client are also much worse. Wouldn't it be easier to make the classic client future-proof?iiSatan 6 hours ago
I talked with a friend of mine. Imvu Classic coding is x64 bit or x32 bit. All programs in Mac that were removed due to Catalina not supporting them were no longer workable. Another program that i use that is a video game updated their games to match Catalina upgrade. IMVU can do the same thing just change the coding and apply it to classic client. The main question is does IMVU have techs who can do this sort of thing? Probably not in this sense they are forcing people to switch to Desktop which by the way lags on my 10 year old laptop and doesn't allow me to login in. Classic client holds a majority of the community since IMVU first began in 2004. Once classic client is removed those people will refuse to use desktop beta. I love classic client its easier to use rather than desktop which is so complicated and very laggy.basically the new client hogs up a shit ton of space and i dont think people are willing to buy new computers just so they can run imvu smoothly. ugh....the whole comment section is a shitshow!!

@sadecatgirl

Yeah, community managers work directly with the company, moderators are usually volunteer work ( I don't know if that's the case here, but I believe it is so).

That's also a thing that is bothering me... how does a Mobile port suddenly hogs a bunch of resources on PC?
Datamine probably should have an idea of what might be the culprit since he already have a look into the code. I wouldn't be surprise if it's a bunch of spyware gathering information like the classic client does.
Locker wrote:
sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote: sadecatgirl wrote: Garrett wrote:@sadecatgirlUnfortunately I doubt it. That whole post intention is so that people can vent out their beautiful new VIP tiers. Even though the moderators are saying that they want suggestions so they can send that to the team, I feel this is going to be more of the "We're listening to feedback" meme other than actually considering the suggestions made.Either way, I'm already starting SL So I can get used to it before they end classic so I don't have problem with the transition.-- Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:49 pm --@blueDayAlso forgot to comment about this, but you made a really good point. by "retiring", are they talking about the support updates or actually end the client access?I guess only with time we will figure this out.
@sadecatgirl
@sadecatgirl
@Garrettgood to know that community managers are more reliable! i kinda assume that the lead mod would be more trustworthy in that info cuz when i peeked at their profile they've been on vu since pretty much the beginning o-oa comment i found copied and pasted from another user: @ShannonMac (IMVU Senior Community Manager)​ ...........and @everyone else.........Read above the exact post from DarkAngel5 who is the lead moderator for IMVU..This post is from November 8 and it says specifically in that post that in a year or two Classic Client will be retired for good as well as the Classic website..It also states in that post the following..."IMVU is working on the future, not the past. Asking IMVU to work on the old when the new is the plan will not get us far. Something to think on..asking to save legacy when the client is going away is not the same as ensuring features we love being on desktop or next as an example."
that post is basically telling us that we shouldnt be living in the past so stop trying to save Classic Client and the Classic website because it is going no matter what...It also insinuates that no matter what IMVU is going forward with whatever plan they decide so talking about the so called "old" when "new" is their plan is not going to get us far..It is shoving Desktop right down our throats whether we like it or not....Explain that post please because it seems pretty obvious that we will not be listened to and are probably wasting our time here...Thank you...here's a few other comments from other users i found: Lyciel666 12 hours ago
Does IMVU want to close the classic client or not? Why do we get different statements from the moderators when it comes to closing the classic client?What technology is missing from the classic client that the desktop beta client already has in order to keep up with the new technical requirements?
The classic client has everything that customers would not want to do without, but what the desktop client lacks. The graphics from the desktop client are also much worse. Wouldn't it be easier to make the classic client future-proof?iiSatan 6 hours ago
I talked with a friend of mine. Imvu Classic coding is x64 bit or x32 bit. All programs in Mac that were removed due to Catalina not supporting them were no longer workable. Another program that i use that is a video game updated their games to match Catalina upgrade. IMVU can do the same thing just change the coding and apply it to classic client. The main question is does IMVU have techs who can do this sort of thing? Probably not in this sense they are forcing people to switch to Desktop which by the way lags on my 10 year old laptop and doesn't allow me to login in. Classic client holds a majority of the community since IMVU first began in 2004. Once classic client is removed those people will refuse to use desktop beta. I love classic client its easier to use rather than desktop which is so complicated and very laggy.basically the new client hogs up a shit ton of space and i dont think people are willing to buy new computers just so they can run imvu smoothly. ugh....the whole comment section is a shitshow!!
@sadecatgirlYeah, community managers work directly with the company, moderators are usually volunteer work ( I don't know if that's the case here, but I believe it is so).That's also a thing that is bothering me... how does a Mobile port suddenly hogs a bunch of resources on PC?
Datamine probably should have an idea of what might be the culprit since he already have a look into the code. I wouldn't be surprise if it's a bunch of spyware gathering information like the classic client does.

@Locker

classic client has already been taking its sweet old time when loading up rooms recently....i already clear the cache daily but its prob also cuz the rooms are pretty big...and if there's other people in it usually the kbs would be high when u add it all up...

one person in the comments thinks "It could also be IMVU not hiring top-notched, seasoned people with years of knowledge to handle this." that is a possibility!
Posted 2 years ago
To reply to that the main reason why they are now doing the tiered VIP and the voice chat thing is that they are having BIG competition with another company called Highrise, they are just like IMVU but on mobile and they have the same Tier system and then realizing a lot more people are going there cause they have more freedom, able to voice chat with everyone with and without VIP, have events that celebs and big DJs and singers performing there, players winning different prizes and able to have rooms like mafias, so they are copying other people to see if they can win back there players
NicoTaco wrote:
To reply to that the main reason why they are now doing the tiered VIP and the voice chat thing is that they are having BIG competition with another company called Highrise, they are just like IMVU but on mobile and they have the same Tier system and then realizing a lot more people are going there cause they have more freedom, able to voice chat with everyone with and without VIP, have events that celebs and big DJs and singers performing there, players winning different prizes and able to have rooms like mafias, so they are copying other people to see if they can win back there players

@NicoTaco

ohhh really? idk much about that game but i did get ads for that game when i started playing imvu lol XD
Posted 2 years ago
@sadecatgirl

Hahaha, really so the same company that was giving ads is now beating them, that's very, very ironic and plus Highrise has different events where players can join and able to win prizes and both in game currency and also real cash,from talent shows to modeling like they took there company to a whole new level and since imvu losing a lot of people from it also there online rate from 100k now to 72K they getting very desperate, and the tiers is not even that good because to get the voice chat you have buy the top one, PLUS the voice is only use for LIVE EVENTS ONLY, Highrise voicechat is used for both lol so they are getting very very desperate I will be surprised when imvu goes back to there old ways and bring everything they had back, and also you cant whisper anymore both people must have VIP to whisper to one another smh

-- Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:13 am --

Okay so for the pulling for the Classic, its not gonna happen because of three things

1) They will lose almost all of their users, cause everyone hated how it move and work people swear it was like second-life on mobile it was bad
2) The constant crashing, yeah we know its imvu is famous for its random and weird crashes which they STILL cant fix but with this one it has gotten wayyyyyy worse and the lag and band-with of the system was too much that is cause bottle necks for the data to go through
3) They already know they trying to survive so why get rid of something that can be upgraded, it actually took them 15 years to realize to get with the times and move from 16bit/32bit to 32bit/64bit
NicoTaco wrote:
@sadecatgirlHahaha, really so the same company that was giving ads is now beating them, that's very, very ironic and plus Highrise has different events where players can join and able to win prizes and both in game currency and also real cash,from talent shows to modeling like they took there company to a whole new level and since imvu losing a lot of people from it also there online rate from 100k now to 72K they getting very desperate, and the tiers is not even that good because to get the voice chat you have buy the top one, PLUS the voice is only use for LIVE EVENTS ONLY, Highrise voicechat is used for both lol so they are getting very very desperate I will be surprised when imvu goes back to there old ways and bring everything they had back, and also you cant whisper anymore both people must have VIP to whisper to one another smh-- Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:13 am --Okay so for the pulling for the Classic, its not gonna happen because of three things1) They will lose almost all of their users, cause everyone hated how it move and work people swear it was like second-life on mobile it was bad2) The constant crashing, yeah we know its imvu is famous for its random and weird crashes which they STILL cant fix but with this one it has gotten wayyyyyy worse and the lag and band-with of the system was too much that is cause bottle necks for the data to go through
3) They already know they trying to survive so why get rid of something that can be upgraded, it actually took them 15 years to realize to get with the times and move from 16bit/32bit to 32bit/64bit

@NicoTaco

i honestly have no idea what to believe anymore about the status of classic client....smh....one person says 1-2 years another says no plans.....ugh it's making everyone nuts!!!!
Posted 2 years ago
I can understand a lot of people being steamed over the VIP tiers. Legacy VIP was $75 a year, and none of the tiers gives you the option to buy an entire year at once.
The Platinum tier at $9.99 a month comes to $119.88 a year. A premium account at Second Life is only $99 a year, and from what I've seen, the powers that be there don't seem to have a lot of hangups about adult content. Having a long debate with myself about staying at IMVU. It's not a sign of insanity to talk to yourself, as long as you aren't surprised by the answers.