IMVU Log2Chat - Chat Recoverer [Updated 8/16/2024]

DataMine
by DataMine · 129 posts
6 years ago in Mafia Tools
Posted 8 months ago
@DataMine

seems like a handy tool to use, how many medits required to download this?
Posted 2 months ago · Author
The Log2Chat program has been updated to v2.0

Version 2.0 is a complete rewrite of the entire program.

Changelog
  • A complete rewrite of the parsing engine to give you a more accurate and reliable chat log. The parsing engine will now separate chat logs into 2 categories: primary and secondary. The primary chat log is where the main bulk of the messages are located. It will give you the most accurate log in chronological order so you can read it just as easily as if you were reading the chat while in the room.
  • Chat logs are now exported into separate files organized by chat id. This means messages from multiple different chats are not longer grouped together making it much easier to read and find the messages you're looking for.
  • Messages are more neatly formatted making them easier to read.
  • Messages now include the author id and the recipient id if there is one. Most of the time the recipient id will be empty, I'm pretty sure it's only used when whispering but I didn't have any logs with whispers in them to test with.
  • The entire codebase is much cleaner and easier to update in the future should something need fixed or added.
  • The program has been updated to .net 8, if you do not already have it installed, you can download it here: .net 8

Like my tools? Want to help support me in making more? Please donate below

Buy Me A Coffee
Posted 1 month ago
Im trying to use it but i have an error message that says: "this feature requires that smartassembly is available on this computer", i already have the .net 8 but i still have the issue, any ideas that what im doing wrong?
Posted 1 month ago · Author
@pitersun

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't see this post till just now. Are you using the latest update released 2 weeks ago?
Posted 1 month ago · Author
The program has been updated to fixe an issue that would prevent messages with emoji from being recovered.

Like my tools? Want to help support me in making more? Please donate below

Buy Me A Coffee
Posted 1 month ago
@DataMine

Now that is something exciting to see, this is an oldie but goodie program that will really shine from having the new love!
Posted 3 weeks ago
Hi!

This seems awesome but even though I followed the steps, I do not see a new folder nor any of the logs translated. I'm unsure what I may be doing wrong. I close IMVU, moved this into the AppData/Roaming/IMVU folder, clicked it, and it will just flash briefly but nothing opens, changes, creates, etc. I had been RPing with a friend and we wanted to grab the logs but I crashed, so was hoping to retrieve them. I have Log1, 2, 3, etc. in my folder to pull from, just unsure how to get the full text of the convo.

Thank you for any help you can provide!
Posted 3 weeks ago
@trashbagpixie

hang on, I'll tag the product creator for you for further assistance. In the mean time copy the log files out of your folder, to another location for safe keeping. Otherwise those files will get overwritten as you continue to open, close, and use IMVU in general.

@DataMine

Sending you a message in the chat about this.
Posted 3 weeks ago · Author
@trashbagpixie

Hi, your computer is missing the dotnet 8 framework needed to run this application. Here's the download link: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet/thank-you/runtime-8.0.8-windows-x64-installer